- Our conferences
KfW IPEX-Bank finances German supplies for the metro in Istanbul
Publication date: 15 May 2012
Author: KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH
Tagged with: KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH
KfW IPEX-Bank is extending a loan of about EUR 32 million for the expansion of the metro line Üsküdar – Ümraniye – Cekmekoy in Istanbul. The funds are tied specifically to supplies of important parts from Germany and Europe. The Berlin-based manufacturer Bombardier Transportation is supplying the essential signalling equipment.
The new metro line Üsküdar – Ümraniye – Cekmekoy on the Anatolian side of the Bosporus will be 17 km long, linking the eastern part of Istanbul to the European side via the connection through Üsküdar and the future Marmaray tunnel. The expansion of the metro line improves the infrastructure and contributes to easing the strained transport situation of the huge metropolis.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Multi-million pound investment in the future of Sheffield’s tram network (17 May 2013)
- Arriva takes market leading position in Central and Eastern Europe (16 May 2013)
- Record-breaking week for bus journeys as passenger numbers continue to rise (16 May 2013)
- Contract awarded to increase Vauxhall Tube station capacity (15 May 2013)
- Consultation opens on proposed routes for Crossrail 2 (15 May 2013)
Advantech Europe BV | Ask | Clever Devices | ComNet | Confidex Ltd | Cubic Transportation Systems Limited | Damm Cellular Systems A/S | European Rail Infrastructure Managers (EIM) | FARA ASA | Focon Electronic Systems ApS | GIRO | GMV | Gunnebo Entrance Control Ltd | Hogia Transport Systems Limited | IndigoVision | MAFEX | MAGAFOR S.L. | MEYERTECH LIMITED | MTM Power | Newbury Data Recording Ltd | Prodata Mobility Systems |