- Our conferences
Tunnel Contract Award
Publication date: 18 October 2010
Author: Costain Group PLC
Tagged with: Costain Group PLC
Costain announces that it has been awarded a contract from National Grid for its London Cable Replacement Tunnel.
The contract is worth approximately £200 million and forms part of National Grid’s investment plans in the capital to ensure a continued safe and reliable electricity transmission network.
The contract is to build a new high voltage electricity cable tunnel between Hackney and Willesden (via Kensal Green) and Kensal Green and Wimbledon. The tunnel is a total of 33km long.
Works will start later this year, with the tunnelling being completed by end of 2014 and with all associated works completed in November 2018.
If you enjoyed this article sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter:
- Wrightbus StreetLite Max en route for Yellow Buses in Bournemouth (23 May 2013)
- East Didsbury’s new Metrolink line opens to passengers (23 May 2013)
- London Underground and TRL sign Memorandum of Understanding (22 May 2013)
- Braunschweig exercises Solaris Tramino option (22 May 2013)
- Multi-million pound investment in the future of Sheffield’s tram network (17 May 2013)
Advantech Europe BV | Ask | Clever Devices | ComNet | Confidex Ltd | Cubic Transportation Systems Limited | Damm Cellular Systems A/S | European Rail Infrastructure Managers (EIM) | FARA ASA | Focon Electronic Systems ApS | GIRO | GMV | Gunnebo Entrance Control Ltd | Hogia Transport Systems Limited | IndigoVision | MAFEX | MAGAFOR S.L. | MEYERTECH LIMITED | MTM Power | Newbury Data Recording Ltd | Prodata Mobility Systems |